Sunday, August 9, 2009

Love Is The Essence



OK. This is perfection. No. THIS IS PERFECTION!!! It's a blending of my punk nature and my childhood spent backstage while my Dad was performing. Even the cable noodles don't disturb me (and I'm a real geek here, once had 32 electrical sockets on only 8 wall surfaces. A geek, as I said! :)

The black-n-white video with only one colour accent - red PJ Harvey's lips - is minimalistic almost to the point of extreme: the singer, the guitar, the white background... and the lighting! Breath-taking! The images sharply divided or flowing smoothly... the shadows and contrasts accentuating the singer's silhouette and these two shots, the 1st with a club/stage spotlight feel and the 2nd with her fringe against the wall, a shadow play...

Yeah I know the lighting design takes its origin from the theatre... But never before I thought about it serously. Now the urge to create is almost unbearable! 

This is love, this is love
That I'm feeling! 

1 comment:

  1. ... even in the summer, even in the spring
    You can never get too much of a wonderful thing

    ReplyDelete